2016 is finally here and many of us are starting to think about how we can step up our style and look in the new year. But with so many tidbits of fashion advice floating around the Internet, it can be hard to figure out what tips and tricks are actually useful.
To help you tackle the next twelve months in style, we’ve compiled a list of the 6 fashion tips that you need to know!
- When picking out your jewelry for your next #OOTD, choose your necklace according to your tops neckline to create the most flattering look. Check out Inside Out Style’s guide to see what style of bling to pair with your shirt.
- Knowing if your skin’s undertones are either warm or cold will make it easier to figure out what color clothing and accessories will look amazing on you. Black, blue, and white are awesome shades for girls with cool undertones while brown, green, and yellow look dazzling on girls with warm undertones. Take Popsugar’s fun quiz to find out if your undertones are warm or cool.
- When it comes to accessories, finding balance is the key to creating the perfect outfit. If you want to throw on a stack of bracelets, you might want to put a limit on how many rings you rock. If you plan to wear a statement necklace, put on a simple pair of studs.
- Stocking up on essentials like blue jeans, a little black dress, or a white shirt is a must. These pieces never go out of style and are the building blocks for a great wardrobe.
- If you want to look really trendy this year, incorporate pink shades like Rose Quartz and blue hues like Serenity, Pantone’s colors of the year, into your outfits. Wearing a pink dress like this one from Boohoo or carrying a beautiful blue bag similar to this one from Kmart are cute ways to sport the colors.
- You’ve probably heard this a million times, but you need to always try clothing on before you leave the store to make sure everything fits right. It’s also a good idea to bring along some jewelry and shoes from home (or grab some from the store) to get a better idea on how the outfit will look.